True to the tone of the “R” series, the Yamaha R15 relies on its lineage in terms of having a wide frontal space (that protects the rider), a comfortable seating area (for ultra comfort) and spectacular racing form. Riders would no doubt enjoy the new facets of this fresh model. Whizzing by the winding road of India will turn into so much more fun with the R15.
The R15 additionally has a modern design fitted with the latest in technology. If adding power to punch could get a new meaning, the R15 would be it. The model is especially formatted for the Indian market with its long seat (that enables passenger comfort), tandem grips (to get a better hold on the bike during those long and tedious bumpy rides) and India specific riding design. The R15 is a hybrid of the R series with localized functions. Equipped with a strong body line, it is the epitome of frame rigidity and superior design.
With its higher than average price though, the R15 caters to riders who like to think of their bikes as an “investment” and not just as a mode of transportation. Although it will be sure to depreciate in value over the years, owning a bike as handsome, spectacular, powerful and dynamic as the R15 instils in one a sense of great pride, that’s for sure.
Price: Rs. 1,15,000/- Mumbai may vary
Launch Date: September 2011
- Type: Liquid cooled, 4-stroke, SOHC, 4-valve
- Cylinder layout: Single cylinder
- Displacement: 149.8cc
- Compression Ratio: 10.4:1
- Maximum Power: 17PS / 8500 rpm
- Starting System: Electric start
- Lubrication: Wet Sump
- Engine Oil Capacity: 1.0 litres
- Fuel Tank capacity: 12 litres
- Ignition System: T.C.I
- Clutch type: Constant-mesh wet multi-plate
- Transmission Type: Return type 6-speed
- Frame type: Deltabox frame
- Brake Type (Front & Rear): Hydraulic, single disc
- Suspension Type (Front & Rear): Telescopic / Linked type Monocross
- Headlight: 12V 35W / 35W35W
- Overall length * width * Height: 1995 m * 670 mm * 1070mm
- Seat Height: 790 mm
- Wheelbase: 1290 mm
- Ground Clearance: 160 mm
- Dry Weight / Curb Weight: 120 kg / 131 kg
- Liquid-cooled engine that enables stable performance, reduced vibrations and a high quality ride.
- Fuel injection is used to ensure excellent fuel efficiency
- Deltabox frame provides for superior balance
- Linked type monocross suspension
- Superior quality of R series designs
Available Colours: Yellow / Black / Red / Blue